Your Journey To Health And Fitness Through Detox In Thailand
Contrary to what many people think, detoxifying the body does not mean a starvation diet in order to lose weight in the shortest time possible. Detoxification means taking the load off body organs by considering a diet plan free from foods and habits that you usually enjoy like alcohol, cigarette, coffee, sugar or artificial sweeteners, milk products, grains and dried fruits.
Because of the sudden withdrawal from certain types of food, the body will experience a cleansing reaction but the symptoms will usually subside within 24 to 48 hours. The detox diet will support and improve the performance of some body organs like the liver, kidneys and bowel.
Steps in the detoxification plan
1. Lemon juice first thing in the morning before breakfast will kick start digestion and cleanse the system.
2. Vigorous exercise for at least one hour helps increase lymph flow and circulation to sweat out the toxins. Vigorous exercise means you will pant and puff and raise a sweat. In Phuket, you can jog on the beach or try Muay Thai, the combat sport of Thailand.
3. Raw food contains more nutrients; minimize the cooking process by eating more salads made from fresh vegetables and fruits with extra virgin oil for added flavor. If you cannot resist meat, try two servings per week of chicken meat without the skin. You can eat eggs but make sure they are organic.
4. Drink at least 3 litres of fluid a day to support kidney detoxification. You can opt for clear spring water and fresh vegetable juices or you can brew your own herbal detox tea.
5. It is also important to detoxify the mind while detoxifying the body. Get rid of all the clutter from the mind by meditating for at least 15 minutes a day or by belly breathing if you do not know how to meditate.
One of the best ways to give your body a break is to detox in Thailand that allows for meditation in peace and quiet. Relax in the sandy beach and enjoy the natural and rejuvenating scenery to attain your goal of weight loss, fitness or detoxification.