Things To Know Before Heading To Phuket
Phuket is known as one of Thailand’s most popular tourist spots. Cheap accommodations, white, sandy beaches, and boats; yes, the Phuket boat charter experience is one that cannot be missed. However, tourist destinations tend to attract the wrong kind of attention sometimes, and it’s generally held as good sense to learn about where you’re going before you get there.
So here are some things you need to know before you head for the sandy beaches of Phuket.
- Not really here to shop.
- Phuket isn’t really a shopping destination. There aren’t that many shops, there aren’t that many big shopping centres to go to. There are a lot of stores and things to buy, but you’ll notice soon enough that there isn’t much in terms of variety, due to the stores having few suppliers, and, as a result, few variety in products.
- But here for the services!
- On the other hand, Phuket has a lot of options for those looking to just get a relaxing experience. If you want to relax further after your Phuket boat charter, you have a lot of options for services. The appealing Thai massages are, of course, available here, but there’s also hairstyling, pedicures, manicures, among others. Added advice: when going for a massage, make sure the parlour’s air conditioned.
- The food is international, literally.
- Thai cuisine is world-famous, and rightfully so. Many head for Thailand and speak accolades of the cuisine there, whether from high class restaurants or from the street stalls. However, Phuket is somewhat of an oddity, in that Thai food is less common there than usual; more restaurants there serve international food rather than local cuisine. There’s still some, but compared to, oh say, Bangkok, it takes some effort to find.
- Avoid the rainy season.
- Thailand’s rainy season is best avoided, due to the inconveniences this leads to. If Thailand rains, however, Phuket pours. Mid-year in Phuket (Around June to October) is when the rain in the region is at its worst, when streets flood and waves roar across the seas. Not exactly Phuket boat charter weather, when you think about it. Best to go around December to March, where the weather isn’t as humid.