How To Manage Seasickness
If you are not a fan of riding boats but plans on going on a trip that involves one then it is important that you have an idea on how to manage your seasickness. Motion sickness is brought about by various factors and can be easily controlled with these tips:
- Go back to basic and you should know that seasickness is mostly caused by a mismatch in our body’s sensors. The best thing to do is to look up and out into the sea. While you are on the boat and it starts to move, every part of your body such as eyes, body and ears are sending a flurry of signals to your brain. The signals are different and this is the reason why your brain gets confused and your body is feeling queasy as a result. If you are busy then stop whatever you are doing and focus into the horizon. The sight will give an illusion of looking into something stable.
- If the above does not work, drink a Coke. The soda has phosphoric acid as well as sugars which is similar to the ingredients found in anti-nausea drugs that can be bought over the counter.
- If you are into traditional methods then applying pressure on your wrist will provide some relief. There are manual pressure bands that can be bought at your local pharmacy as well as battery-operated ones that use electricity instead of pressure.
- If you are comfortable with taking oral drugs then there are over the counter drugs that can be bought to help aid in preventing motion sickness. There are negative effects such as fuzziness in the brain and drowsiness. It is best to take the pill before going out into the sea.
- There are patches that can be applied behind the ear to help manage seasickness. Make sure to follow the directions indicated and take note of side effects brought about by the patch such as blurry vision and dry feeling in the mouth.
These tips are important to keep in mind especially of you are planning to go on a trip to a boat lagoon marina in Thailand.