Guidelines For Divers In Maintaining The Ocean
Campers and mountain climbers are not the only ones with a set of ethics that needs to be followed while doing what they love; scuba divers have their own too. Here are 10 things to keep in mind in order for divers of varying skill levels to make sure that they are protecting the environment while diving and travelling.
- Keep in mind that all living creatures that are under the ocean must be handled with extra care since they are fragile than most people think. Be careful not to disturb their surrounding and remember that touching can have a negative effect especially with their growth. It is imperative that you must be careful while diving so as not to damage any underwater creatures. Make sure that your scuba gear and photo equipment are placed securely around you to avoid bumping anything. Make sure your diving skills are up to par and you have mastered the right techniques when taking underwater photos.
- Set a good example especially to those who are new in scuba diving. Interaction with underwater creatures and the environment as a whole must be viewed as something they can imitate no matter your skill level in diving.
- Do not take anything with you as a souvenir while diving. Take a thousand photos to your liking but do not disturb the natural order of things by taking a coral or a shell from their natural environment.
- Make sure you know the laws and regulations regarding a local diving site. Remember not to touch any underwater creatures and it is also not advisable to feed them. Do not provoke them in any way by riding or chasing which can make them aggressive and might be a cause for them to hurt a human.
- It is not a secret that there is an increasing amount of wastes that can be found in the ocean. It can kill underwater creatures. If you see anything that is not supposed to be underwater, remove and report immediately.
These are only a few tips to keep in mind. If you are planning to visit a new diving site, check out Similan islands diving.