Tips When Choosing The Colour Of The Glass Splashback
A glass splashback is not only a decorative element in the kitchen; it is used as protection for the walls against spills and splashes while cooking. To choose a glass splashback that will be both decorative and functional, it is important to choose a colour that will complement the rest of the kitchen décor and can standout without being too overpowering.
How to decide on the colour of the glass splashback
- There is nothing wrong if you will choose your favouritecolour; after all it is your kitchen and you have to express your own personality.
- You can choose a contrasting colour. For example, if you have chosen a dark gloss gray finish, you should not opt for a gray splashback colour. Instead, you have to choose a contrasting colour like a lighter shade. On the other hand, if the kitchen has a white finish, you can opt for a vibrantly coloured glass splashback.
- If the reason for remodelling the kitchen is to enhance its resale value, your best choice will be neutral colours because of its widespread appeal. Make sure though that there is a perfect harmony of complimenting colours.
- Choose according to the colour chart so that there will be a narrower list of possibilities. Most of the colours are widely used in construction, architecture and road safety; you won’t go wrong.
- It is easier to choose the colour of glass splashback after the kitchen has been fully installed. You can test colour samples against the walls and countertops. Look at the colour samples under different lighting to gain an idea on how the colour will look like.
- Use real glass samples. Compare the different tones against the kitchen cabinets, walls, countertops and lights to help you decide on which colour works best.
Some of the examples of glass splashback colours include the standard finish which is a solid colour that will match with room design or the metallic which is composed of vibrant colours with a metallic sheen. For an enhanced effect, a pearly shimmer is a perfect match; otherwise you can opt for glimmering sparkles that will draw attention to the paint colour.